Monday, October 21, 2013

Air bag/bellows replacement


My GOOD friend Paul setting the bottle jack.

3/8" air line was not enough to feed the 1" impact so we drove back to my house for a 1/2" line.

Not a lot of pics were taken of disassembly cause we were busy but as you can imagine, it was not a "shade tree experience". Basically 6 bolts and a precarious air line and the old bag was out.

the new bag offered up some new challenges and through the use of big zip ties and WWE wrestling tactics we force a submission.

 I'm not going to lie, this took us 4 hours from start to finish without a book and having never done one before, confidence was weak at best. Now that it's done though I think we could get it down to an hour per bag for the rest of the 5 remaining bags which are in fair shape but will need replacement before our full time adventure.

2 comments:

  1. where did you get your airbags? I need to replace all mine as they are starting to look really bad on the outside. I am having a hard time finding them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look up Luke at US Coach in Jersey. He's got the goods!

      Delete